Overblog Suivre ce blog
Editer la page Administration Créer mon blog
Xtase & Androids

Arduino RC Lamborghini

Jamara Lamborghini 1:10
Jamara Lamborghini 1:10

I recently bought a Jamara low costed RC Car, a Lamborghini aventador clone (1:10 scale)

I choosed that model for

- the price

- the big size (47cm long)

- the fact that I could easily convert it as an Arduino Bluetooth controlled car

- It looks like a racing Laborghini Aventador ;)

car scale overview
car scale overview

You can imagine the car scale with that photograph...

I will have enough place to my own circuitry inside.

For information : that car doesn't use any rechargeable battery & work with 8x AA 1.5v (for car) + 1x 9v (for remote control) that's pretty hudge.

So I decided to reduce that consumption to 1x 9v + usb rechargeable battery (for car) & use any smartphone or tablet as remote control (that priovides it's own rechargeable battery)

inside the model
inside the model

Here's a picture of car & internal control module

remote control module
remote control module

I started to disassemble it & isolate remote control module.

Now, I have a clean model w/ only car & it's motors (throttle + steering), but ...

naked car
naked car

... but a BIG surprise was waiting for me : no SERVO for steering control, instead they used a DC motor w/ some gears to move the rack ! ;(

My Arduino BT Controller
My Arduino BT Controller

I made a new control card to drive the RC Car with :

- an H Bridge (DC Motor CLICK)

- a bluetooth UART (F2M03GLA)

- a Sparkfun Pro Micro 3.3v (because 2 other boards that are 3.3v driven)

Arduino driven model
Arduino driven model

@ this time I have the current layout :

- the USB Battery supplies power for all boards + steering servo motor

- a 9v battery provides throttle motor power

The whole is placed on the top of the chassis.

I made a simple BT serial protocol to make the car go forward, backward, left, right & brake.

Arduino Inside ;)
Arduino Inside ;)

Today, I cutted the batteries compartment to earn space, I placed my Arduino controller inside..

Then I was able to put the body again.

The full car is reassembled !

The full car is reassembled !

And now... the lights !

And now... the lights !

My work is still in progress, so see you later... ;)

Partager cette page

Repost 0