I recently bought a Jamara low costed RC Car, a Lamborghini aventador clone (1:10 scale)
I choosed that model for
- the price
- the big size (47cm long)
- the fact that I could easily convert it as an Arduino Bluetooth controlled car
- It looks like a racing Laborghini Aventador ;)
You can imagine the car scale with that photograph...
I will have enough place to my own circuitry inside.
For information : that car doesn't use any rechargeable battery & work with 8x AA 1.5v (for car) + 1x 9v (for remote control) that's pretty hudge.
So I decided to reduce that consumption to 1x 9v + usb rechargeable battery (for car) & use any smartphone or tablet as remote control (that priovides it's own rechargeable battery)
Here's a picture of car & internal control module
I started to disassemble it & isolate remote control module.
Now, I have a clean model w/ only car & it's motors (throttle + steering), but ...
... but a BIG surprise was waiting for me : no SERVO for steering control, instead they used a DC motor w/ some gears to move the rack ! ;(
I made a new control card to drive the RC Car with :
- an H Bridge (DC Motor CLICK)
- a bluetooth UART (F2M03GLA)
- a Sparkfun Pro Micro 3.3v (because 2 other boards that are 3.3v driven)
@ this time I have the current layout :
- the USB Battery supplies power for all boards + steering servo motor
- a 9v battery provides throttle motor power
The whole is placed on the top of the chassis.
I made a simple BT serial protocol to make the car go forward, backward, left, right & brake.
Today, I cutted the batteries compartment to earn space, I placed my Arduino controller inside..
Then I was able to put the body again.
My work is still in progress, so see you later... ;)